Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh the moss and the Sunshine!

Please click on the pictures for an even more mossy view!

I was doing a little bit of cleaning up in the backyard yesterday and happened upon a whole bunch of moss! Its my favourite thing about spring and summer, so fuzzy and spongy. I always want to bring it in the house with me and grow it in my windowsills...lol...not sure if that can be done or not. They should really invent moss carpets! :) These little green treasures were being sheltered by the beautiful cherry tree that resides in in my yard, they are so sweet poking their little faces out to see the sun! :)

10 comments:

oldcrow61 April 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I feel the same way about moss. It's wonderful.

me April 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Moss is so full of wonders!! =) Love your blog layout!

Julie April 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

I did some yardwork yesterday too. So many little things waking up to finally see the sunshine. I love moss too although I don't have any in my yard.

Rena Jones April 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

I remember that show where people would trade homes and redecorate them for each other. One show a lady glued moss all over the wall. It looked awful. LOL!

Great pictures!

Once Upon A Blue Crow April 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

I know! What is it about moss??

suzi whitaker April 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Visit my blog for your award!
XoXo, Suzi

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats April 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

I love moss too. In fact, when the small patch of grass in front of my condo started failing, i put down slate leftover from building a wall and dug up moss and transplanted it between the stones, along with wild violets and it's doing great and I'm already scoping out new patches in neighbors yards to dig up surreptiously...

Hilary April 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Thats a great idea!! I just put down stones around a little tree in my backyard and was wondering what to put in between them!...I will put some moss in there now :) Thanks!!

Larry April 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Spanish Moss would be a treat as well, if it is in your area.

Kelly April 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Oh yes...there is something so simple and comforting about moss.

When I was a little girl my dad and I made a terrarium and put in different kinds of moss from the woods near us. It grew really well...I don't remember exactly how we did it though.