Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ginger Cookie Time!


You know those yummy treats that make you say to yourself..."why do I even have these in the house?!"

I went on a baking spree on Saturday and decided to make spelt ginger cookies. Let me just say a few words......chewy.....gingery.... goodness.....get these things away from me! Thank god they are all gone now cause I won't be making these babies again for another month or so...haha. They are super easy to make and only take 8 min in the oven, and really if it took any longer in the oven I would have had enough time to eat all of the ones that JUST came out. The recipe makes atleast 24 and I think between Greg, his buddy Chris and I we polished off 15 before they even had time to cool!

Recipe!

Wet:
3/4 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses

*Wisk together*
*Add Dry Mixture*

Dry:
2 1/4 cups spelt flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

*Mix together, consistency will be a little more wet than other cookie recipes. They are the most chewy, delicious things on the planet! :) Oven at 350 and bake for 8 min.

Enjoy!
Hilary

6 comments:

Buskitten April 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Yum! wow, they sound so lovely Hilary! I am having a cooking spree here too, do you think it's cos it's spring? I am going to have a go at these - but what are molasses? I'm not sure if we have them here, or I could be thick. Are they known by any other name?
I am such a big fan of chewy cookies and ginger, so this is a first class reciepie - I can see them lasting about 2 mins in this house!!

Silke Powers April 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Oh, these cookies sound wonderful! We bake a lot with spelt flower and love it. Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your art - paintings, illustrations and jewelry! I'll be checking back often! :-) Silke

Lola marigold April 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

so is the 2 tsp ginger a different species than the 3/4 tsp ginger?? :P

Hilary April 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

ahahahaha omg thanks! will change that :)

Silke Powers April 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Hilary, I have awarded you the Lemonade Award for great Gratitude and/or Attitude. Reading your blog always uplifts me. Simply go to my blog and copy the award! :-) Silke

suzi whitaker April 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

I love ginger cookies and have to start baking these lovelies!!! Great Blog!
Suzi