Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mer-Kitty Learns to Swim


5" x 7"
What a gorgeous day for a swim up to the surface, mer-kitty is just learning to swim, his sweet little mermaid friend is helping him out.
Done in acrylic on canvas.
Item available on Etsy!
Somehow I am sure my cats would love to turn into little mer-kitties, I watch them every day try and get into the fish tank. They are so sweet and devilish at the same time, trying to eat all the fish, yet acting innocent...staring at you blankly when you catch them. I am sure they would have a blast swimming around chasing the little fish. :)

Cheers!
Hilary

4 comments:

Larry April 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Nice painting, I like it. Do not forget the snorkel for the kitty.

Rena Jones April 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Very nice -- love the seashells!

FitFoodieMegha April 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Kitty is so pretty...:)

oldcrow61 April 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

lol, I think Larry is right, a snorkel and mask would be good on the kitty.