Thursday, December 11, 2008

Silly Malachi

So I recently (within the past few days) had thought that I would never see one of my cats again. It was miserable outside, it snowed about 2 feet...and I had no idea where Malachi (my cat) was. He left Monday night and had me scared sick for his safety. Snow...Sleet....Hail, we had it all. I am sure all the cat lovers can imagine what I went through. I tromped all over the neighbourhood...asking people if they had seen him....froze my butt off in the snow. When I thought all was lost my neighbour across the way said he saw him "hanging" out with 2 other cats...just galavanting around the side streets. I was so happy, but I wouldnt let myself believe it until I saw him...so Tuesday passes by without a footprint near my door way...I could have sworn I had heard him late late that night...but when I got to the door he was not there. Wednesday morning rolls around and I am sick as a dog from worry...Greg calls and says he thought he saw him way down the street....again with 2 other cats....when he walked toward him he dashed away :( So I leap out of bed to get my things on to go and see if I could find him, when all of a sudden....Meow!! I ran to the door! There he was!! I was so relieved! I picked him up and bawled my face off hahaha! I called Greg right away, he had thought the worst when he heard me sobbing into the phone....."He came home!" I cried. So that is my story and I thought it would be cute to do a comic strip about how I was freaking out and he was off playing and sleeping over at his friends house. Click on the images to make them larger :)

Here is me and my Malachi :) Together again!

10 comments:

oldcrow61 December 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Get that boy to phone the next time he's sleeping over so you don't have to worry. lol

Anonymous December 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

what a great story and the cartoons are fabulous..like a comic strip

Amariah December 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I'm so happy he came home, and I love the strip! We have six cats so I know exactly how it feels when a kitty is missing.

Buskitten December 12, 2008 at 4:13 AM  

Oh my goodness, Hilary - I am so, so glad that he came back. What a worry for you. I can relate to this story so much, as we sometimes have the same problem with Bob,our elderly Tom cat. The longest he went for was 5 days, and like you, we were sick with worry. He came back, quite the thing, with a big Meow! But it is extra worrying when it's so cold - and snowing!! I have tried to figure this out, and it must be because cats are furry and well-insulated against the cold. (Their paws must get cold, though!)
I love your comic strip too, I have been playing about with comics over on my blog, and it's been fun - I love the look of them when they're finished, but they take soooooo long to do!
Anyway, take care!
Liz

Once Upon A Blue Crow December 13, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Yay! That naughty boy :] I love the kitties tucked in their sleeping bags! So cute! Glad he decided to let his snowboots dry out for a little while!

Anonymous December 14, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Congradulations! You are the winner of the 1st Artist Choice award. Nominated and designed by http://azulvalentina.blogspot.com/
Please visit my blog to collect your award.
You can copy and paste into your blog.
Welcome and I can see why you are nominate.You are special!

Rena Jones December 14, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Oh, what a great story! I'm so glad your cat came back. He's a cutie!

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Awww,naughty little boy! I'm so glad you got him back, I would have been sooo worried too! Love the cute comic :)

aliceinparis December 16, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

What a naughty boy! Out being a cat!
Scary though...we can't help but worry about our pets. They are family and when they go missing a part of us does too.
Cute cartoon:)

jane and the happy crow December 29, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

what a lovely blog! Glad your cat came back as a cat lover I know just how you felt, you worry yourself sick then they turn up and look at you like 'what' while you blub all over them! Jane