Thursday, December 11, 2008

Silly Malachi

So I recently (within the past few days) had thought that I would never see one of my cats again. It was miserable outside, it snowed about 2 feet...and I had no idea where Malachi (my cat) was. He left Monday night and had me scared sick for his safety. Snow...Sleet....Hail, we had it all. I am sure all the cat lovers can imagine what I went through. I tromped all over the neighbourhood...asking people if they had seen him....froze my butt off in the snow. When I thought all was lost my neighbour across the way said he saw him "hanging" out with 2 other cats...just galavanting around the side streets. I was so happy, but I wouldnt let myself believe it until I saw him...so Tuesday passes by without a footprint near my door way...I could have sworn I had heard him late late that night...but when I got to the door he was not there. Wednesday morning rolls around and I am sick as a dog from worry...Greg calls and says he thought he saw him way down the street....again with 2 other cats....when he walked toward him he dashed away :( So I leap out of bed to get my things on to go and see if I could find him, when all of a sudden....Meow!! I ran to the door! There he was!! I was so relieved! I picked him up and bawled my face off hahaha! I called Greg right away, he had thought the worst when he heard me sobbing into the phone....."He came home!" I cried. So that is my story and I thought it would be cute to do a comic strip about how I was freaking out and he was off playing and sleeping over at his friends house. Click on the images to make them larger :)

Here is me and my Malachi :) Together again!

11 comments:

oldcrow61 December 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Get that boy to phone the next time he's sleeping over so you don't have to worry. lol

laurie December 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

what a great story and the cartoons are fabulous..like a comic strip

Amariah December 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I'm so happy he came home, and I love the strip! We have six cats so I know exactly how it feels when a kitty is missing.

Buskitten December 12, 2008 at 4:13 AM  

Oh my goodness, Hilary - I am so, so glad that he came back. What a worry for you. I can relate to this story so much, as we sometimes have the same problem with Bob,our elderly Tom cat. The longest he went for was 5 days, and like you, we were sick with worry. He came back, quite the thing, with a big Meow! But it is extra worrying when it's so cold - and snowing!! I have tried to figure this out, and it must be because cats are furry and well-insulated against the cold. (Their paws must get cold, though!)
I love your comic strip too, I have been playing about with comics over on my blog, and it's been fun - I love the look of them when they're finished, but they take soooooo long to do!
Anyway, take care!
Liz

Once Upon A Blue Crow December 13, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Yay! That naughty boy :] I love the kitties tucked in their sleeping bags! So cute! Glad he decided to let his snowboots dry out for a little while!

Julie-ann December 14, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Congradulations! You are the winner of the 1st Artist Choice award. Nominated and designed by http://azulvalentina.blogspot.com/
Please visit my blog to collect your award.
You can copy and paste into your blog.
Welcome and I can see why you are nominate.You are special!

Rena December 14, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Oh, what a great story! I'm so glad your cat came back. He's a cutie!

Senta December 15, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Awww,naughty little boy! I'm so glad you got him back, I would have been sooo worried too! Love the cute comic :)

aliceinparis December 16, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

What a naughty boy! Out being a cat!
Scary though...we can't help but worry about our pets. They are family and when they go missing a part of us does too.
Cute cartoon:)

jane and the happy crow December 29, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

what a lovely blog! Glad your cat came back as a cat lover I know just how you felt, you worry yourself sick then they turn up and look at you like 'what' while you blub all over them! Jane

徵信社 November 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks