Friday, December 5, 2008


I'm not sure if i'm the only one in the world that calls her mom a lot, but if I am.......get calling kids! So after I phoned my mom for the hundredth time that day...yesterday....she mentions to me that she is putting her art cards online to sell! I was thrilled because it gave me a wonderful excuse for me to promote her! So....here it goes.....My Mom.
A lover of felines. A beautiful woman. A truly amazing artist who has come along way from stick man drawings....given she was 4yrs old....did I say an AMAZING mom?! Especially for letting me call her so many times a day! haha
Anyone who comes in contact with her art instantly falls in love with it. Moody and expressive, her art stands out from the rest whenever in a show. She lives in St. John's NFLD and belongs to a beautiful Gallery. Please check out her art cards at this link. Just a little hint too...I didnt want to part with mine that I ordered so I framed them!!! They are so Beautiful!

Artist greeting card set of 3 - from Newfoundland

She also has a website which has amazing new work on it. If you like the greeting cards your going to LOVE these! My moms Website!
Cheers!

8 comments:

oldcrow61 December 5, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

What lovely things you said about you're mom. The cards are beautiful especially when framed.

Rena Jones December 5, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Your mom does beautiful work. Thanks for sharing her links.

Malissa December 6, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

I think that's great. I'm off to check out Her beautiful cards! I'm on the phone with my about a hundred times a day. My Mom, Sister, and I are all artists and crafters and are always getting each others opinions on one thing or another!

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Sweetie you are the best daughter, and so beautiful and thoughtful and gentle. Thank you for that. If you were here I'd give you a big squeeze.
Love
mumsa

studio lolo December 6, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

Okay, I just noticed you're my newest follower so I had to check you out, then I checked your mum's site and YES I bought the cards :)

Her work reminds me so much of Hopper, one of my all time faves and one who has influenced my work. Thanks for the link!
(You should both be proud of each other.)

Suzanne's Creations December 7, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

The herb garden blocks are gorgeous!

-Suzanne
http://blisscandles.etsy.com

Robbiegirl December 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

I have a set of Laurie's cards which Oldcrow sent me, and I love them!

I'm planning to frame them as mini pictures once I find the perfect place to hang them.

Love your work too, the cats are so cute!

Makes me want to create cute cat jewellery. Hooray for inspiration!

aliceinparis December 16, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

I just popped over to your mom's shop and bought some cards! I love Newfoundland. Love her style.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree:)